Thursday, July 10, 2014

Alex Is Four Months Old!

Like all that I do lately, this is a little late but give me some credit I did go through the whole day Sunday thinking that it was the 5th not the 6th.  I thought I'll make sure I take Alex's 4 month photos a day early so that I don't get caught up in a work week and unable to accomplish it....little did I know I wasn't early at all.  Duh.


Anyway, Alex is Four months old already!


I don't have a length for him but we just went to the doctors a few days ago for a flu like virus that both kids picked up and Alex weighed in at 16lbs 12oz.  He continues to grow way to quickly.


He is comfortably wearing 3-6 month clothing, I'll be surprised if he doesn't outgrow most of it before the 6 month mark.  We're currently squeezing him into the last of a pack of size 2 diapers but the boy is technically in size 3's.


Still exclusively breast fed, still taking 4oz in his bottles.  Eats roughly 6-8 times a day, depending on the day and depending on if I've been gone at work all day or not.  He wants to nurse a lot on the nights that I've worked all day.
 I'm trying to look into donating to the Bronson Hospital Milk bank as I have a insane large freezer stash of milk.  Large as in a little more than 800 oz of milk, enough that if I completely quit pumping, completely quit breast feeding him I could make it more than a month still on breastmilk.  Pretty impressive, but I don't see me needing it and I still have plans to make it to a year of breast feeding so I may as well donate some of the excess right?  If not to Bronson then possibly another form of donation.


He is still a very easy going happy boy.  If you want him to smile you don't have to say a word, just look at him and give him a big smile and he's all smiles back at you.  Completely adorable.


Alex is trying like crazy to sit on his own, he's kind of perfecting the "lean my torso way over my legs and it's kind of like sitting" position.  If you lean him against anything to prop him upright he immediately topples forward in a effort to sit up on his own.


Rolling from back to front without any problems and occasionally gets from belly to back somehow (I think just momentum from the back to front), he was practically rolling across my moms floor the other day.  He only tolerates his belly for about 3-5 minutes before he starts to cry, the kid has hated tummy time since birth!


Making all kinds of noise, mostly squawks and babbles, no mommy yet, or "add-a-sin" like his sisters trying to teach him. ;)


This month we took the kids on a  trip to an indoor water park, they loved it.  Alex seemed to love kicking his little legs in the water and the 85degree sauna that they kept the place.  He also got to experience his first Airshow which he was awesome for the whole time.  I'm telling you this kid is a dream when it comes to his ability to go with the flow. (99% of the time at least!)


Alex seems to be a blanket lover, he rubs his face all over them and falls asleep happily when he can have one in his face (just like momma).  He's also a huge Addison lover.  For as much as she smothers the living daylights out of him, he lights right up when shes in the room, or when she talks to him (smothers).  That sibling bond is pretty awesome.


0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?