Saturday, January 10, 2015

Alex is Ten Months Old!

'

I’m totally late with the pictures and the update this month!  Time is flying by and I’m struggling to keep up!  Trying to get a head start on First birthday planning because I know as soon as I blink it’s going to be March 6th


So Alex turned ten months old, we had his 9 month well baby visit just Friday.  He weighed in at 23lbs 13oz.  He is 29 ½ inches long and his melon is 18” around.  He definitely falls at the other side of the percentile chart as Addison did. 


Our pediatrician asked about what he eats and I told her “anything and everything that you offer him”.  She asked if I feed baby foods and I told her the only things he gets that are technically baby food since we started solids were the pureed food pouches and those were mostly just for convenience factor.  The rest of the time he eats what we eat.  She surprised me by saying “good, that’s how we should do it!”  So many pediatricians and their old ways suggesting baby cereal and things when it’s not necessary, I was glad to hear her say that.  BLW for the win!


Alex continues to have that “boy” appetite; he eats anything and everything that you put in front of him.  I made fish for the first time for him the other day and he devoured it like he hadn’t eaten in weeks.  Not a picky kid, at this point anyway!


Still in a size 4 diaper and officially moved on to his 12 month clothing, though he can definitely wear his 18 month clothing too at this point.  I kind of just put him in whatever of the two sizes.


This month was huge for Alex by way of developmental milestones.  He finally decided that he could clap and wave in the same day.  Once he figured out his hands worked how he wanted them to it was on! 


On New Year’s Eve with a full audience he decided that he would just take a few steps, he managed 4 before falling and then repeated it for me to get a video with just to steps.  After that he was so excited from all of our oohing and ahhhing that he couldn’t do much but hop and fall on his butt.  He hasn’t been excited about taking more than a step her or there since.  So not a full-fledged walker yet but he knows how to do it!


Alex is saying “da-da” and “Maaaam!” I’m pretty sure that he’s trying to say “yay!” when he claps; it sure sounds like it anyway.  He’s possibly trying to say “sissy” also though it’s hard to tell if that’s actually it from the “diss-dee” sound that comes out


Alex is still exclusively breastfed, outside of the real food that he eats.  He has cut back on how much milk he drinks though only nursing or taking a bottle of breast milk about 3 times during the day.  Which means I’ve cut down to only having to pump twice at work instead of three times, I think at 11 months I’ll try and cut back to just once a day.  As much as I am an advocate for breastfeeding I also cannot wait to break up with my breast pump and quit lugging my life back and forth to work every day!


Alex celebrated his first Christmas this month, nine months was a good age for a first Christmas.   Old enough to kind of rip apart some presents and big enough to actually play with some of them.  It was a good Christmas and both the kids were of course spoiled beyond belief.  Both kids went on their first Train ride when we did the “ride with Santa” in Coldwater this month.  Addison really enjoyed it, Alex was pretty indifferent J






0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?