I want to post all these wonderful things, then I get busy, don't type it out and forget what I had to say...ugh.
So anyway, Addison and I went to the Detroit Zoo this past weekend with my best friend, her kids & mom.
We met up with some of my friends from work and their kids (or borrowed children).
It was a beautiful day, and they were doing a humane society pet adoption there also which meant the place was crazy busy. One of our friends from work couldn't get in to park so they ended up missing out on the day and one of my friends from high school that was going to bring her daughter for her first zoo trip also ended up missing out because of the parking/population problem! GEES who knew the zoo was so popular!
But those of us who got in made the best of our sun soaked day! I didn't get to do it lounging around like this little fatty though.
My child was the terror that I assumed she would be about riding in our wagon, basically she threw a hissy fit screaming and screaming when I'd make her sit down. (This I don't have to do a damn thing you say I have to do is her new thing, and she knows how to protest...very loudly. She is stubborn and feisty, quite honestly she gets it from her parents but oh man is it irritating when it's directed at you!) Seriously the kid is getting her "terrible two" attitude ready I believe.
But as soon as she got to ride with another kid she was just as happy as could be.
We had fun seeing all the animals, it's a lot more fun this summer than last because Addison notices them on her own and points things out to me now. You can see her excitement over them which makes it more fun for me!
She growls and tells you "Lion, Tiger or Bear" she tries her hardest to tell you about the Tee-Pac's
And the Ooo-Ooo's are always a hit!
All in all a good zoo day...Well for some of us at least.

So anyway, Addison and I went to the Detroit Zoo this past weekend with my best friend, her kids & mom.
We met up with some of my friends from work and their kids (or borrowed children).
It was a beautiful day, and they were doing a humane society pet adoption there also which meant the place was crazy busy. One of our friends from work couldn't get in to park so they ended up missing out on the day and one of my friends from high school that was going to bring her daughter for her first zoo trip also ended up missing out because of the parking/population problem! GEES who knew the zoo was so popular!
But those of us who got in made the best of our sun soaked day! I didn't get to do it lounging around like this little fatty though.
My child was the terror that I assumed she would be about riding in our wagon, basically she threw a hissy fit screaming and screaming when I'd make her sit down. (This I don't have to do a damn thing you say I have to do is her new thing, and she knows how to protest...very loudly. She is stubborn and feisty, quite honestly she gets it from her parents but oh man is it irritating when it's directed at you!) Seriously the kid is getting her "terrible two" attitude ready I believe.
But as soon as she got to ride with another kid she was just as happy as could be.
We had fun seeing all the animals, it's a lot more fun this summer than last because Addison notices them on her own and points things out to me now. You can see her excitement over them which makes it more fun for me!
She growls and tells you "Lion, Tiger or Bear" she tries her hardest to tell you about the Tee-Pac's
She loved the Giraffe though I hate that they don't get up close to you like they do at Binder Park Zoo.
And the Ooo-Ooo's are always a hit!
All in all a good zoo day...Well for some of us at least.


















0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?