Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Trash to Treasure Tuesday!

Howdy Neighbor!  I haven't shared many fun things with you lately....Perhaps you could take the time to blog about them for me when I finish them?  Kammy?  

A few months ago I picked up 4 pressed back oak dining chairs for $15.  Yep $15, the reason?  Most of them were in craptacular condition.  Missing screw covers/missing spindles/all kinds of wobble.  I used the parts from four of them to make two of them into sturdy use-able chairs.  Met my friend Mr. Boring.


and his pretty back side.



These were going to become part of my "new dining set"  So on went the paint!  And while I was at it I snatched up Addison's $10 boring but nothing really wrong with me highchair and painted that too. (the second one since the first one I painted teal is too tall now for our new table)



don't mind the instagram photo its all I have :)
I picked a creamy white to paint them...



and while the creamy white was very pretty and looked nice in my house....it's just not my style, so I sanded/stained/distressed the heck out of them before adding a coat of polyurethane.  And now?




I love them.


   

The chair you can see across from the highchair big girl chair in this one is the too tall highchair big girl chair that we have to find a new place for.  Goal, to find 2 more mismatched chairs to complete the table!....(and paint the second press back chair I still have only finished one.)


Photobucket




0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?