I'm posting this a few days after his technical One Month date because I was holding out for his doctors appointment so that I would have real stats like weight and such.
First off how the hell has it already been a month?!? Seriously SLOW down!
Anyway kid number two is a whole lot less stressful as kid number one. Mostly because I've done this gig before and I kind of know what I'd doing. At least to the point where I'm not afraid I'm screwing him up for life. I mean so far his sister is turning out alright. :)
His first doctor visit went well he weighed in at 11lbs 1oz and 21.5" long. He got 1 vaccination and handled it like a champ (after the initial WTF?! was that crying ended at least :)) He's starting to outgrow his newborn clothing but 0-3 month stuff seems too big on him still...annoying.
There isn't too much to update about a 1 month old. They eat, approximately every 2-3.5 hours he's wanting to nurse for about 30 minutes. Which means I spend a whole lotta my time feeding a baby right now. And when I'm not feeding him chances are I'm trying to feed myself or my toddler or I'm pumping to build up that freezer stash...life pretty much revolves around food here these days.
They sleep, his longest stretches are about 3 hours. I hate to talk about babies and sleep schedules cause just letting words come out of my mouth about it seems to screw up a good thing. But so far at night (most nights) he will go down between 9-10:30ish and sleep for about 3-3.5 hours, he wakes up to eat and will go back to sleep usually I can get another good 2.5-3 hour stretch from him before he wants to eat again, then he might go back to sleep for another 2 hours before he wants to eat yet again. But (huge fat gigantic knocks on wood) he's not up screaming all night like a certain little girl I know was. So I'll take it. Giving him a boob is a whole lot easier than rocking/bouncing/pacing around a living room from 10pm to 2am every night!
They poop, a lot. This one has had some issues with gas, luckily they've only happened during the daylight hours. I'm not sure what is causing them, I thought it was coffee and it still may be or it could be the creamer that I use in my coffee. But I'm working on figuring it out. Woe is breastfeeding me sans coffee.
Just a few days shy of a month if I worked really hard at it I can get him to smile, it's pretty much the cutest thing ever. As I type this he's smiling a lot easier if you just talk to him a little bit he'll usually give you one. He lifts his head pretty good, like Addison he had pretty good head control at birth but he's getting to where he can lift his whole upper body off your shoulder when you hold him now. He hate's tummy time with a passion it's pretty much an instant cryfest.
Overall I'd say he's a pretty easygoing guy. He lets his sister maul him without a fuss. He loves to be cuddled, and would happily sit in your arms all day long.

First off how the hell has it already been a month?!? Seriously SLOW down!
Anyway kid number two is a whole lot less stressful as kid number one. Mostly because I've done this gig before and I kind of know what I'd doing. At least to the point where I'm not afraid I'm screwing him up for life. I mean so far his sister is turning out alright. :)
His first doctor visit went well he weighed in at 11lbs 1oz and 21.5" long. He got 1 vaccination and handled it like a champ (after the initial WTF?! was that crying ended at least :)) He's starting to outgrow his newborn clothing but 0-3 month stuff seems too big on him still...annoying.
There isn't too much to update about a 1 month old. They eat, approximately every 2-3.5 hours he's wanting to nurse for about 30 minutes. Which means I spend a whole lotta my time feeding a baby right now. And when I'm not feeding him chances are I'm trying to feed myself or my toddler or I'm pumping to build up that freezer stash...life pretty much revolves around food here these days.
They sleep, his longest stretches are about 3 hours. I hate to talk about babies and sleep schedules cause just letting words come out of my mouth about it seems to screw up a good thing. But so far at night (most nights) he will go down between 9-10:30ish and sleep for about 3-3.5 hours, he wakes up to eat and will go back to sleep usually I can get another good 2.5-3 hour stretch from him before he wants to eat again, then he might go back to sleep for another 2 hours before he wants to eat yet again. But (huge fat gigantic knocks on wood) he's not up screaming all night like a certain little girl I know was. So I'll take it. Giving him a boob is a whole lot easier than rocking/bouncing/pacing around a living room from 10pm to 2am every night!
They poop, a lot. This one has had some issues with gas, luckily they've only happened during the daylight hours. I'm not sure what is causing them, I thought it was coffee and it still may be or it could be the creamer that I use in my coffee. But I'm working on figuring it out. Woe is breastfeeding me sans coffee.
Overall I'd say he's a pretty easygoing guy. He lets his sister maul him without a fuss. He loves to be cuddled, and would happily sit in your arms all day long.










0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?