Monday, April 28, 2014

Toddler Talk

I keep meaning to document these toddler (I guess she's technically a preschool aged child now) ramblings because misused words and mispronounced words are one of my very favorite things about growing up.  Not only that, but, my husband hates to hear mispronounced things that he's quick to coach her through them a few hundred times until she can say it correctly and then the word as she said it is no longer.  Words like Tarm (Farm) Papple (apple) Grandpa Lariat (Grandpa Larry) and Gramma Ham (Grandma Pam) are already long gone from her vocabulary.  So before I forget her current/most recently corrected slip-ups I thought I'd dedicate a quick post to some Addisims.


One day she asked me about her pig "Puffet" and I had to make her go get it for me because I didn't know what she was talking about.  She came back with a puppet

"Hooper Slide" - Tube Slide :) "I wanna go down the hooper slide 5 times!"

At Christmas time she talked about "Candy Can's" and she knows that the letter J is shaped like a "candy can".

"Notbake" - "hey mom can I have one of those cookies you made, one of those notbakes?"  That would be Nobakes, because I told  her they were called that because they are not baked.



It's not- What did you say?, its "What did you said?" 100 times a day.

She has a doll who will hold a pacifier in its mouth and she knows that this works because there is a "magmet" in there!

She knows the difference between a guitar and a "vikolin".

At the grocery store the other day she asked me in the produce section to buy some "pinecone", not the cut up kind the ones with the green stuff on top of them.  Pineapple.

She enjoys a "yogret" in the morning for breakfast.




We eat in a "Diving Room".

She knows how to draw a "hawrt" to write I love you.

She loves to steal Poppa Larry's "Vinoculars" to look outside.

She says that "adacado" are one of her favorite foods.



She loves to play under the covers or in the dark with a "flashin' light" it's one of her favorite toys.

She's discovered the fun of "Talkie Phones" and wants to use them every time we go to Grandma's house.

And the girl will never walk past a bowl of "Wawwermelon" without eating half of it!


 

0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?