Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Alex Two Months!

How is it even possible that this kid is two months old already?


Seriously.


Alex doesn't seem like it to me but he is a BIG boy.
14lb 6oz    86.1%
25" long     98.8%
17" head    99.9%

That's almost 6 lbs of weight gain since birth (technically since he lost so much its more than 6 lbs!  Guess the breast milk is working.


Alex is a very easy going baby, he's pretty much only upset when he has a dirty diaper or gas.  Unfortunately sometimes when he has gas he gets pretty inconsolable!  For the life of me I can't figure out what it is that I eat that triggers him.  (aside from sauerkraut, THAT was a definite NO GO!)


But when he's not filled with gas bubbles he's so content to just sit in his swing/bouncer/carrier and watch the world or sleep.  Mom watched him for me this past weekend and said you'd forget he's even there cause he's so quiet and low maintenance.   (you know 180 from his sister)  So far he seems like he's going to be my easy going laid back kid for sure.


Last Friday he got his two month vaccinations, with Addison we never dealt with any reactions to shots other than maybe some soreness and super low grade fevers.  Alex, about 4 hours later started to get incredibly fussy for himself and couldn't be comforted unless he was nursing (exhausting for both of us).  He ran a fever of 101 even with tylenol on board and cool baths.  We ended up calling the doctor (I've never in almost 4 years of parenting had to call the doctor for advice other than to schedule an appointment!) and though she didn't sound worried she gave the go ahead to give motrin also (since he's under 6 months I didn't want to just do it).  Luckily the motrin helped, but I did have to continue to give tylenol every 4 hours until Sunday morning at 4am before his fever finally broke and stayed away.  Good lord.  Hoping that his 4 month boosters won't go as badly.  Poor kiddo.  At least I always schedule his well baby appointments for Fridays when I'm home with him for the weekend if he's gonna be so fussy after.


Still only breast feeding, I pump at work so he gets breast milk at the baby sitters.  He's taking about 4 oz every 3-4ish hours.  While he was still being miserable from his shots he was only eating about 1-2 oz every few hours, can't keep up that beefy physique eating that little!


Alex is an incredibly smiley baby, he loves his sister no matter how incredibly close to his eyeballs she seems to think she needs to be to talk to him. He lets her love all over him without a fuss and with tons of grins.  Sister still LOVES, LOVES, LOVES him.  Still all over him every chance she gets.

Still not a fan of being on his belly, but he's got the head control down pretty well as well as lifting his head and entire torso up and off of you.


We had our appointment at the U for the fluid his kidneys, not sure I ever posted about it...I'll get on that.  But the good news is its nothing and we don't have to monitor him any further!

He's been going to bed at night somewhere between 9:30 and 11, I've never been good at sticking to strict schedules with babies.  I kind of let them run the show in the sleep/feed arena.  Sleep when your tired, eat when your hungry.  Anyhow once he's asleep MOST nights he will wake up somewhere between 3-4am and want to eat.  That's when he comes into my bed and spends the rest of the night cuddling with me.  I learned with the first kid, if I'm gonna make it a year on breastfeeding and working, co-sleeping it is.  It works for me at least.  After his middle of the night feeding he's usually sleeping until 7-8ish if we don't have to wake him to take him to the sitters.  During the day he's cat napper, with if you're lucky 2 good naps that last about 2 hours.  If you want him to sleep put him in a carrier and wear him, knocks him out every time!


Regardless of his beefcake status, he's comfortably wearing 0-3 month clothing (except the onesie brand one I shoved him in for the photos, he looks to be muscling out of that!) His feet are almost too long to cram into the millions of pair of size 1 shoes I have for him, I think he's worn two pair both one time.  Baby shoes are so stupid yet so adorable!

0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?