Thursday, May 1, 2014

Doctors, Doctors and More Doctors

Today I've been spending my day enjoying my kids in what I am considering the last day of my maternity leave.  Yes, technically I still have Friday off also.  Friday just so happens to be the day that they scheduled for Alex's referral to UofM for his kidneys.  While I am very happy to get that done and over with tomorrow I am not excited to have to drive to Ann Arbor, to UofM on my final day off.  Might as well go to work!  So Addison will be at the babysitters while Mom and I take Alex to UofM.  We first have to go to an appointment in imaging for an ultrasound and then we are going to see a doctor from the Pediatric Nephrology Clinic who hopefully will give us all the answers to what the heck we are dealing with.  As much as I despise UofM, there is no denying that when you have a sick kid, or a medical issue, it's the place to be.  Hoping his turns out to be a non-issue but we shall see.


Speaking of medical issues, I got news today that my grandma (79, this summer) was placed in Hospice care this week.  :(  About 3 weeks ago she was hospitalized for a week, to put it simply, her body is failing her.  Shes been unable to walk for the better part of a year but recently things have gone downhill quickly.  Most likely due to her inability to be mobile.  She was sent home from the hospital on oxygen to help her heart about a week before Easter.  My family has been amazing in stepping up to help take care of her and keep someone there with her around the clock so that my Grandpa can get a break and get out in the fields to get some work done.  It's so hard to watch someone you love waste away and lose the ability to care for them self even worse when they are still in their right mind.  As hard as it will be to lose her I know that being stuck in a chair now hospital bed in pain is also no way to live.  I feel so bad for my Grandpa I can only imagine how hard this is for him.

I just love this picture, I feel like I have a lifetime of memories of my Grandma, I'm glad I have at least a few photos of her with the kids to show them and share my memories someday.
When I went to the hospital to visit her while she was there I took the kids but had planned on letting them stay with my step-dad in the waiting room while I visited to keep the calm in the room.  The second I walked in alone my grandma asked me where that baby was.  So in came the kids.  Can't deny Grandma any baby snuggling.
holding Alex when he was a week old

Holding Alex again at the hospital 
With a Newborn Addison in 2010

Helping Grandpa Pick on a 1 year old Addison

Bad photo skills but Addison's First Christmas

Love these two, they celebrated 60 years of marriage this past February!


0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?