Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thoughts on the New Year and a New Photo Challenge

My friend Kristi posted this little challenge that she is going to do for the New Year, I figured with my lack of blogging skills lately I'd join in for the month.


So day one, here I am.




I realize I never made a post reflecting on the past year and making aspirations for the new year.  2011 brought many good things, baby girl's first birthday bash, a family reunion that hadn't happened in years, a great little vacation up north, and a whole year of watching our little monkey grow and change so much, a wedding for my brother to his long time girlfriend (which I know I haven't even posted about yet!) just to name a few.  2011 also brought the loss of two very important people in my life first my uncle Jimmy to bile duct cancer in March and the hardest, the sudden and unexpected loss of my own Dad in September.  It's been a tough year that's for sure.  I had to deal with things that I never thought about having to do in my life surely nothing I thought about doing anytime soon.  But tough times make tough people, and the outpouring of love and support made me take a step back and be thankful for all that I do have.  So in the new year my goal is just to appreciate the things that I have cause really it is the little things in life that mean the most.

0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?