Monday, June 3, 2013

A Little Weekend Recap

Have you seen this YouTube "Convo's with My 2 Year Old" Channel yet?  They are only two short episodes in but man is it hilarious.  Perhaps because I have a two year old who for a while was frequently stripping herself naked at night.   Watch it...



Another weekend happened and I really didn't feel like I had three days away from work.  Luckily Monday's are not too crazy at work so they are bearable (most of the time at least).  My weekend (remember I start my weekend on Thursday nights, The only thing that keeps me loving four 10 hour shifts.) started with a Senior Portrait session after work, a late pick up from the baby sitters where as soon as I got close to her house I started seeing sticks, leaves, branches, entire trees uprooted and fallen all over the road. I had to go around some of the debris into the ditch before almost making it to her house only to find 3 driveways before hers, a downed power line hanging low across the road, so I had to take the 4 mile country block detour to come up on the other side of her house.  Which meant more trees to weave my way around.  It was nuts and I never hit anything but some heavy rain in my drive toward the house.

Friday was another Binder Park Zoo day, this time I drove my sitter (she doesn't drive) and her daughter where we met up with her sons school for their zoo field trip.   We spent so much longer than I was prepared for there and though it was fun we outlasted Addison's length of time before she NEEDS a nap and had one major in zoo breakdown.   I wouldn't let her run to the front of the line where we were waiting to ride the train, all hell broke loose.  Oh how I love tired Addison break downs.  The girl is nasty mean when they happen.  Thankfully I know it's just a tired thing so for the most part they can be avoided.

Zoo Souvenir, seriously this girl, fart obsessed.  (gross)
So after the zoo and an incredibly short nap on the way home I reluctantly braved going into town to pick up a bridal shower gift (hello last minute Amber), some crafting things and some much needed coffee.  Thankfully she was mostly an angel after having to be reminded yet again, "you don't run from mommy" in the first store we went to.  (She will kill me over this issue I swear!)

BFF's 

Always need to ride something at the mall
Saturday we cleaned some house in the morning, then headed out with my mom to a friends bridal shower.  I wasn't planning on taking Addison with me because they are always timed to be right at or near nap time and as I was reminded the previous day, no nap for Addison = break down city.  But since my mom had called me the night before to say she was going I figured at least I wouldn't be dealing with her all on my own so she got to go.  She had a blast, she ate up all the attention that she received and she got to pet kittens and some horses.  What wasn't to love?

Toddler fashion 101: Sparkle boots with EVERYTHING also don't forget your "superman belt" AKA: mommies 5k medal you stole.

On the short ride back to our house after the party Addison begged her Grandma into going home with her.  "I wanna go home with Gramma"  "Gramma you go to my house, get you car and take me to your house"  For real.  So I said if you want her she's all yours and had an unplanned kid free night.  We went back and forth about where we wanted to go/what we were going to do with our free time.  Finally someone mentioned Butler (the local dirt track) and I was in!  I texted a friend who goes more frequently than we do to see if they happened to be going also and ended up convincing them to come.  We got there early and ran into another friend who also sat with us.  It was a good time, and sure beats the heck out of the cigarette smoke filled casino that I don't entirely love much about other than the seafood dinner.  :)
Ready for a Hillbilly good time.
Date night
Mini-Sprints

Sunday I got up way to early for a mom with no kid, did some crafty things that are impossible to do with Addison trying to help you, and headed into town to pick up some new plants for around the house.  I decided to skip out on a garden all together this year because I just don't have the time for taking care of one.  Instead I'm spending the time and money that I would have on my garden to add to my flower beds around the house.  Yesterday I picked up some columbine, some poppies, a climbing rose bush, a couple of pink day lilies, and a bleeding heart.  Once I get those planted I'll go back for another round of shade loving plants for the north east end of my house.  Soon my flower beds should be overflowing with plants.

The end of Sunday always comes too soon, I had a photo session at 3:30 and then headed up to my mom's to pick up Addison.  Which of course came with a hot dinner :)  Ended up getting home around 8:00 just in time for getting things around for Monday and bed time for Addison.  Weekends are just never long enough!


Pinterest idea for toddler fun. WIN.




0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?