Before the days of Pinterest (seriously they existed) I had more bookmarks in folders than anyone should ever have on their computer. One of them included this image:
that I had found on a blog in 2010. I fell in love and I had been wanting to replace our freebie table for years. After reading how they redid I decided I could do it too! So I scoured Craigslist for the perfect table I came across a ton of them but I am cheap frugal, and I wanted something low cost if I was going to strip it down anyway. Last June I finally came across this gem:
You can read about that here:
http://ayanovich.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-newest-project.html
After I refinished the table:
http://ayanovich.blogspot.com/2012/06/dining-table-finally-revealed.html
I started working on finding a hodge-podge of chairs for it. The hard thing was deciding how I wanted to do it, no matching, 2 sets of two, all the same color, all different? I finally decided to just see what I could find cheaply. First I found a set of four wobbly well loved pressed back chairs on a local for sale board on FB for $15.
http://ayanovich.blogspot.com/2012/09/trash-to-treasure-tuesday.html
Out of the four only one of them was really sturdy so I refinished that one and a highchair that I picked up off the same board from someone else for $10.
And then it took me nine more months to sturdy up a 2nd chair out of that bunch of wobbly ones and also luck upon a garage sale selling two similar-ish press back chairs for $4 each!
http://ayanovich.blogspot.com/2013/06/another-weekend-has-ended.html
So now that I have it all together I thought I would post a final product post.
Here she is:
Not to shabby, and I love it much, much more than anything I ever could have purchased in the store!
Breakdown:
Table (craiglist) $15.00
Sanding pads (hardware store) roughly $15
Teal (Cozumel by Behr) Paint 1Qt - left over from previous project
1qt Walnut stain by minwax - $8.00
2 chairs (FB sale) - $15
1 Highchair (FB sale) - $10
2 chairs garage sale - $8
1 qt Zinzer 1.2.3. primer - $9.50
1qt Olympic One in Heavy Cream- $12
1 Gallon of Minwax oil-modified polyurethane in semi-gloss - left over from Addison's bedroom floors
Total Cost: about $95.00
And I have plenty of leftover stain which I have used on multiple projects more than 1/2 quart of the Cozumel and
hopefully enough of the Heavy cream for me to redo this craigslist find:
And just for fun, lets remember how pretty this room was just 2 years ago....

![]() |
| Source |
You can read about that here:
http://ayanovich.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-newest-project.html
After I refinished the table:
http://ayanovich.blogspot.com/2012/06/dining-table-finally-revealed.html
I started working on finding a hodge-podge of chairs for it. The hard thing was deciding how I wanted to do it, no matching, 2 sets of two, all the same color, all different? I finally decided to just see what I could find cheaply. First I found a set of four wobbly well loved pressed back chairs on a local for sale board on FB for $15.
http://ayanovich.blogspot.com/2012/09/trash-to-treasure-tuesday.html
Out of the four only one of them was really sturdy so I refinished that one and a highchair that I picked up off the same board from someone else for $10.
And then it took me nine more months to sturdy up a 2nd chair out of that bunch of wobbly ones and also luck upon a garage sale selling two similar-ish press back chairs for $4 each!
http://ayanovich.blogspot.com/2013/06/another-weekend-has-ended.html
So now that I have it all together I thought I would post a final product post.
Here she is:
Not to shabby, and I love it much, much more than anything I ever could have purchased in the store!
Breakdown:
Table (craiglist) $15.00
Sanding pads (hardware store) roughly $15
Teal (Cozumel by Behr) Paint 1Qt - left over from previous project
1qt Walnut stain by minwax - $8.00
2 chairs (FB sale) - $15
1 Highchair (FB sale) - $10
2 chairs garage sale - $8
1 qt Zinzer 1.2.3. primer - $9.50
1qt Olympic One in Heavy Cream- $12
1 Gallon of Minwax oil-modified polyurethane in semi-gloss - left over from Addison's bedroom floors
Total Cost: about $95.00
And I have plenty of leftover stain which I have used on multiple projects more than 1/2 quart of the Cozumel and
hopefully enough of the Heavy cream for me to redo this craigslist find:
And just for fun, lets remember how pretty this room was just 2 years ago....
| Dining room make over |
Ugh. Next, replace gross carpet!


















0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?