It's tomato season and I've been busy getting my canning on the last few days.
It is utterly amazing the quantity of tomatoes that it takes to make a few jars of spaghetti style tomato sauce, it really simmers down to nothing!
So far two laundry baskets of tomatoes have equaled 10 quarts of tomato sauce, and working on a batch of stewed tomatoes right now.
Next round I think is salsa, then of course more sauce as the Roma's start getting ripe!
I swear all year I crave fresh from the vine tomatoes, then all the sudden they are coming out of my ears!!

It is utterly amazing the quantity of tomatoes that it takes to make a few jars of spaghetti style tomato sauce, it really simmers down to nothing!
So far two laundry baskets of tomatoes have equaled 10 quarts of tomato sauce, and working on a batch of stewed tomatoes right now.
Next round I think is salsa, then of course more sauce as the Roma's start getting ripe!
I swear all year I crave fresh from the vine tomatoes, then all the sudden they are coming out of my ears!!

Yes tomato season is coming I have tomato in my backyard ummm...
ReplyDelete