She works hard for the money,
So hard for it hunny,
She works hard for the money,
So you better treat her right.
Oh, Donna Summers
I remember my mom singing this song all the time when I was young..Considering it was number 3 on the billboard charts when I was one I assume it was a rather popular song.
I've been MIA this past week because it has been hectic, crazy, stress inducing, scream at people, get mad, cry, and be frustrated kind of week. I don't know if I posted about it on here or not yet, but my husband got laid off from his job when we got home from our vacation in August. They had been slow and just weren't making enough to pay the two employees that they had. (yay fun.) So he gets unemployment but unfortunately even max unemployment isn't near what he was making before. So while we are ok and can pay our bills, it doesn't leave a lot extra for fun stuff. Boo. I like fun stuff.
So I've gone back to picking up weekend shifts at my job. Lucky for us I work somewhere that overtime is offered and should always be an option for me to take. (as much as I hate working it) Today was 7 days straight. UGH how is it that I did this all the time when I was younger? Seriously pre-child I worked for entire months straight only taking a day off here or there. I'm exhausted, I'm cranky and I know that I'm ready to kill my husband the next time he tells me he mentions golfing. So yeah.
He's had an interview for a job similar to what he was doing, but it would have involved a ton of travel. Travel meaning leave Monday come home Friday, but they offered the position to someone without a family. While it would have been a good job I can see the stress it would have caused. So back to the applying and searching for him. Good news is hes home with Addison (when hes not golfing) so we aren't having to pay a sitter (unless he golfs, which is stupid and part of my frustrations this week). Bad part of that is by the time I get home from work he's had enough of her and is ready for me to take over and all I want to do is chill out for a while especially after this crazy filled week. ugh. And so is the stress that has been my life. I have tomorrow off, hoping to sleep in and chill out. Next week is an easier week at work and should help to calm my bad self down. Now for that money tree please :)
The fall sunsets have been pretty awesome around here though, and those make me happy.

Wow, that pretty much sums it up.
ReplyDelete