While reading through my favorite blogs I came across these gems I have seen them other places like my other favorite internet waste of time Pinterest so I figured I could give them a go.
First I found some random pieces of fabric that I had lying around the house that were at least 40 inches long (I didn't want any extra work having to patch smaller pieces together, I tend to be a quick and easy type of crafter)
Then I cut about 2 inch strips out of each print. Again being quick and easy (lazy) I didn't measure or make sure I had straight lines, they are tattered anyway right?
(check out the straightness on that cut!) Next I pulled the bobbin thread and made the whole strip ruffle. You can do it as loose/tight as you want your ruffle to be.
next, I started to roll my fabric up like a snail shell, using and hand needle and some thread to stitch it in place around itself. Make sure to keep the folded edge up to where you are stitching, the bottom cut edge will become your flower.
roll up the whole flower, making sure to stitch it well around itself so it stays together nicely.
Flip over and fluff to get your flower.
Remove extra stringies from fraying if you want it to look a little less tattered than it currently does.
Add an embellishment to the middle if you would like. I thought adding a button to it made them look more finished.
Use a safety pin, barrette, alligator clip, hot glue whatever you wish to attach it to whatever you would like to embellish. I'm thinking hair, so I attached mine to a headband. But you could attach it to a shirt, purse, really whatever you can come up with!
Watch out sewing machine, I see many scraps of fabric coming your way!

First I found some random pieces of fabric that I had lying around the house that were at least 40 inches long (I didn't want any extra work having to patch smaller pieces together, I tend to be a quick and easy type of crafter)
Then I cut about 2 inch strips out of each print. Again being quick and easy
next I folded them in half wrong side in and did a quick basting stitch about 1/4 in from the fold,all the way down the strip of fabric.
Flip over and fluff to get your flower.
Remove extra stringies from fraying if you want it to look a little less tattered than it currently does.
Add an embellishment to the middle if you would like. I thought adding a button to it made them look more finished.
Use a safety pin, barrette, alligator clip, hot glue whatever you wish to attach it to whatever you would like to embellish. I'm thinking hair, so I attached mine to a headband. But you could attach it to a shirt, purse, really whatever you can come up with!
Watch out sewing machine, I see many scraps of fabric coming your way!


0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?