In my absent mindedness that was Thursday morning before Dad's funeral I went out to load Addison into the car to take her to the baby sitters house. The car seat was not buckled into the car so I set Addison down in the grass and apparently my phone on the back of the car. I buckle the seat in, buckle Addison in, run back in the house to grab her stuff and my purse and head to the sitters house to drop her off & come back and get Tony so we can head to the funeral home.
On the way there I was going to call my mom to let her know the sitters address as she was going to pick her up after the funeral for us so that we could spend time with our family without having to chase her around. I reached for my phone and realized it wasn't in my purse so I figured that I must have left it sitting on the table next to my computer.
I get back home and search for it, call it 3 times and can't hear it anywhere. This is where my mind finally says...phone..trunk of car...SHIT. So I panic and Tony says you have that findmyiphone app (which works and is awesome by the way) on your phone, log into it and see if it will still tell you where it is before you freak out. Sure enough that bastard was flashing on the map on the side of North Parma Road...it made the ride to the sitters house and 1/2 way home before it slid off, impressive since I was going 70 on the highway at one point. So we hop in the car (running later than I had wanted to leave already, and zoomed over there to find my phone) Lucky it was still there on the road, unluckily,
it had fallen off directly into the path of tires and had already been ran over at least once....sigh. By some weird miracle EVERYTHING still works, camera, speakers, wifi, everything...the screen is just a little worse for wear. So apparently they are built like a brick house otherwise. I had a cheap little hard rubber case on it you can kind of see in the pic. but even the back glass didn't crack at all.
I was just happy to have found it, I'm extremely content with a busted up screen so long as some random stranger didn't find my phone! (even though its on major lock down anyway it still scares me) Sounds like we've found someone who will replace the glass for me so hopefully it can be fixed, one things for sure, my days of sitting a phone on the back of my car are done!

On the way there I was going to call my mom to let her know the sitters address as she was going to pick her up after the funeral for us so that we could spend time with our family without having to chase her around. I reached for my phone and realized it wasn't in my purse so I figured that I must have left it sitting on the table next to my computer.
I get back home and search for it, call it 3 times and can't hear it anywhere. This is where my mind finally says...phone..trunk of car...SHIT. So I panic and Tony says you have that findmyiphone app (which works and is awesome by the way) on your phone, log into it and see if it will still tell you where it is before you freak out. Sure enough that bastard was flashing on the map on the side of North Parma Road...it made the ride to the sitters house and 1/2 way home before it slid off, impressive since I was going 70 on the highway at one point. So we hop in the car (running later than I had wanted to leave already, and zoomed over there to find my phone) Lucky it was still there on the road, unluckily,
it had fallen off directly into the path of tires and had already been ran over at least once....sigh. By some weird miracle EVERYTHING still works, camera, speakers, wifi, everything...the screen is just a little worse for wear. So apparently they are built like a brick house otherwise. I had a cheap little hard rubber case on it you can kind of see in the pic. but even the back glass didn't crack at all.
I was just happy to have found it, I'm extremely content with a busted up screen so long as some random stranger didn't find my phone! (even though its on major lock down anyway it still scares me) Sounds like we've found someone who will replace the glass for me so hopefully it can be fixed, one things for sure, my days of sitting a phone on the back of my car are done!

0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?