2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
First and foremost, BATS! I don't know when they became a fear, I honestly don't remember being "scared" of them when I was younger and I actually remember at time our two when I touched one voluntarily. Fast forward to the past 4 years...We moved into our current home. It's an OLD farmhouse. We get bats in the house sometimes. First time it happened I FREAKED out. Instinct? Insanity? Too much talk of rabies? I don't know but I do know that when I see a bat fluttering though my house my body goes into serious flight mode. Everyone for themselves, I get the fuck out in a hurry!
Genetics: I always knew that my dad's side of the family had some horrible genes for heart disease, my grandfather and 2 of my 3 uncles had had severe heart attacks. Both my uncles died from theirs and my grandfather went on to have more + multiple heart surgeries. Then my dad was diagnosed with a 95% blockage in his carotid. Even after surgery to unblock it (and without an official autopsy, just based on what the paramedics felt it was) my dad still died because of heart disease. Seriously scary statistics. Terrifying actually. As far as I know it mostly effects the men but one of my aunts was having some heart things done last summer (I unfortunately don't know specifics). But it scares me, it makes me want to be healthier, exercise more, take better care of myself. It's pretty scary to think that at 30 I've lived more than half of my dad's entire life.
the obvious one: The fear of something happening to my child. I think all parents feel that one. I'm the easy going parent, I'll let Addison hurt herself, I don't hover over her trying to protect her every move or anything. But I worry, I worry about her riding in cars with other people. I'm a car seat Nazi, I obsess about it being done right cause you just never know. I read a story about a toddler drowning in a pool and it scares me cause that could be my kid...ugh. That one I don't think you can control. I think it's just part of being mom!

First and foremost, BATS! I don't know when they became a fear, I honestly don't remember being "scared" of them when I was younger and I actually remember at time our two when I touched one voluntarily. Fast forward to the past 4 years...We moved into our current home. It's an OLD farmhouse. We get bats in the house sometimes. First time it happened I FREAKED out. Instinct? Insanity? Too much talk of rabies? I don't know but I do know that when I see a bat fluttering though my house my body goes into serious flight mode. Everyone for themselves, I get the fuck out in a hurry!
Genetics: I always knew that my dad's side of the family had some horrible genes for heart disease, my grandfather and 2 of my 3 uncles had had severe heart attacks. Both my uncles died from theirs and my grandfather went on to have more + multiple heart surgeries. Then my dad was diagnosed with a 95% blockage in his carotid. Even after surgery to unblock it (and without an official autopsy, just based on what the paramedics felt it was) my dad still died because of heart disease. Seriously scary statistics. Terrifying actually. As far as I know it mostly effects the men but one of my aunts was having some heart things done last summer (I unfortunately don't know specifics). But it scares me, it makes me want to be healthier, exercise more, take better care of myself. It's pretty scary to think that at 30 I've lived more than half of my dad's entire life.
the obvious one: The fear of something happening to my child. I think all parents feel that one. I'm the easy going parent, I'll let Addison hurt herself, I don't hover over her trying to protect her every move or anything. But I worry, I worry about her riding in cars with other people. I'm a car seat Nazi, I obsess about it being done right cause you just never know. I read a story about a toddler drowning in a pool and it scares me cause that could be my kid...ugh. That one I don't think you can control. I think it's just part of being mom!

0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?