Today on facebook I saw a post from The Bump:
Question of the Day: How do you feel about getting asked: "Was it planned?" Appropriate or inappropriate? As a new mom I can't even remember the number of times this was asked of me while I was pregnant. I guess its an innocent enough question but I can't help but want to ask them who they hell they think they are asking me such a thing?! I mean I am a relatively open person, really I'll tell you just about anything and I would tell you if my baby was or wasn't planned if I felt like you needed to know. Just in case you want to ask me, I am 28yrs old and I was married for 3 years before we got pregnant. Do you really think that she wasn't planned?! When the first thing out of someones mouth when they find out you are pregnant is, "was it planned". I just wanted to slap them or give them some stupid response like "no, but the abortion didn't take so here we are" and make them feel as awkward as they make me feel by asking me! What happened to Congratulations?!?!
/end rant.
0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?