I think it was something along the lines of "the lunch buffet" to our daughter. Four and a half months into this whole breast feeding gig and some days really do feel like that. Others, such as right now while I pump at work, I feel more like a dairy cow.
Despite the days that feel like that I am so happy that I have been able to breast feed. Not only does it save us incredible amounts of money, but it creates an amazing bond between Addison and I. At four and a half months as she is becoming more and more a little person and not a helpless newborn at least breast feeding I get to have a baby a little longer than if she just got formula. Cause she can't just give herself the boob! So now it's becoming one of the few times a day when she'll just be my cuddly baby. Granted feedings are now more interrupted by distractions but there is nothing sweeter than her pausing to stare up at me in the middle if a feeding and giving me that sweet gummy smile. Nothing says love like that!
So I will deal with the annoyance of needing to have time to pump no matter what else is going on and lugging my pump back and forth to work everyday so she can have breast milk when I am gone. Regardless of the hassle (and believe me there are days when it feels like more work than it's worth) I am so happy to have been able to breast feed this long. I hope to be able to continue to do so for another 6 months!
0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?