Saturday, December 4, 2010

Crafty Christmas Time

One of my favorite hobbies is doing crafts, any kind of crafts will do to make me happy.  Usually at Christmas time there are craft shows galore and I find myself wondering why all year I never do any of the crafty things I enjoy so Christmas ends up an explosion of crafts. 

I have decided now that we are a family of 3 we need to add another stocking, another of which I did not have to match our previous stockings.  This resulted in me deciding what the heck I have a sewing machine, I can make us some stockings.  I made my own pattern from an old large stocking that we had lying around and then just chose to 'wing it' for the rest of the project, pretty happy with the results!


These are the 3 prints of fleece that I chose + the fuzzy topper





Daddy's Stocking
Addison's Stocking
Mommy's Stocking



 



and of course the stockings were hung by the computer hutch with care.
  (seeing how we don't have chimney and all)

Project 2 started back in August when I was Hell bent on making stepping stones for the grandparents for Christmas from Addison. We ended up making 1 and deciding to wait longer cause 2 week old curled up baby feets were not meant for making footprints in cement. So Mom & Dad get to keep #1.
2 week old feets
This time we had Daddy help and used 4 month old feet, it was much easier!  We still have 2 left to make so all of her grandparents get one (Thanks 2 divorced families!)  But we are waiting for these 2 to dry so we can use the molds. Cheap easy gift, and a great way to memorialize those baby toes!
these are still wet but will dry the same light gray as the first stone

oh yes, these stones have glitter!
Last but definitely not least I leave you with ready to go see Santa baby girl. <3
Hair bow courtesy of Momma! :)

 

I also decided to give hair bow making a try, so I have only made 3.  But trust me there will be more!!  If anyone has any scrap ribbon 1/2" wide or less, or extra buttons lying around I will gladly take them off of your hands!!  Any other crafty ideas? 

0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?