Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Surviving Month One

Its been a month, a month since the last time I talked/laughed/joked with my dad.  A month since we shared a warm pan of brownies straight from the pan like a bunch of real rednecks around a bonfire.  A month since Dad sat Addison on his lap and let her pull like crazy on his beard and said he was training her to find the 'real' Santa for Christmas.  A month since the most terrifying phone call and adrenaline filled day I have ever experienced.  Most days it feels like it was just yesterday.

I've managed to go a whole month without hearing REO Speedwagon sing Time For Me to Fly (which was the only request my dad ever made to anyone about what his funeral wishes were, to have that song played.)   Amazing seeing how I listen to my iPod all day at work and its most definitely on it.  Pretty sure it will instantly cause tears to flow.  I think about him often, I feel jipped that he didn't get to grow old, yet glad he didn't have to suffer through years of illness.  Accepting that it actually happened, cherishing my memories.

It's been 6 + years since this fathers day Nascar race we took dad to...


1 comment:

show some love?