So we finally found someone who could come over and do the knock down on the ceiling, only its not really knock down more like a regular textured ceiling. Regardless it helps to hide the fact that its an old house and the ceiling was never really even. As soon as the plaster had time to dry we cut back into things I could do. So we returned the texture spray hopper thing that we bought and didn't have to use for the ceiling and bought custom colored green paint to match the green in her bedding. I started by coating everything but the floors in 2 coats of primer then hit up the ceiling with some
Dutch Boy Ceiling Solutions Paint, awesome stuff goes on purple (so you can't miss a spot) dries white! Then I got to finally put some color on those long awaited walls! Two coats of the green when on, I love the color its wonderful for one made at the color match station. Dad also came over in between coats 1 and 2 of green to help Tony install the Ceiling fan/light.
 |
| primer-ing. |
 |
| you can kind of see the texturedness of the ceiling here. Use your imagination. |
 |
| 1st coat of paint and a ceiling fan up! |
 |
| LET THERE BE LIGHT! |
 |
| 2 coats of paint, don't worry the trim will cover the bottom! |
 |
| I love it! |
 |
| There's that pretty hallway paper again! |
Now that the paint is up I am awaiting the arrival of a sander for the floors so I can get started on sanding and refinishing them. It's finally all coming together! I can't wait to see the trim up, the contrast of the white and green makes me happy. Now I'm glad we went with white bedroom furniture!
0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?