Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Scavenger Hunt

I always have big ideas for these photo prompts on Sunday when the new ones are posted but by the time the weekend rolls around I find myself rushing around to take some pictures that fit.  I really wanted to remember to take my camera with me and photograph one of the old abandoned decaying houses around here but alas, it did not happen.  So without further ado, here are this weeks:


1. Decay (old/abandoned)

I have posted a different picture of the same structure before for scavenger hunt.  This is what remains of the big red barn that used to be on our property.  They knocked down the barn years ago when I was a kid because it was starting to fall but my great grandfather insisted they not bury the old milk house.  So this is what remains of a big red barn that once was...a dilapidated old stone milk house, which I love. 

2.Groups of Three

I had nothing for this, then I started looking around the house for 3's of things.  The only thing I could come up with was this.  I don't collect too many things but one of the things I do collect are limited edition cans/bottles. My favorite are the Mountain Dew ones...cause I love Mountain Dew.  These 3 are my favorite of the 25 or so that I have.  

3. Kitchen

What my shabby old farm house kitchen lacks is counter space, what your looking at is it.  Less than 3 feet of counter...fun.  What it is lacking in counter space it makes up in cabinet space, floor to 10 foot ceiling cabinets, and what I got in the picture isn't even all of them.   Ya win some ya lose some! 

4.Things That Make You Go Hmmm...


Another find in this old house, when I first saw this I thought what the Hell is that?  Upon closer inspection...That my friends under the age of oh 80 is a walker.  A walker for a baby. A baby.  They actually put a child into that contraption, and my grandfather is living proof that they make it back out alive.  There are exposed springs and the whole thing is made of metal and wood.  Kids really are tougher than todays paranoia would lead you to believe.  
And here's the little wheels that it operated on!


5. Me Time

This is one thing I find myself in a constant battle for its hard to explain sometimes the need for 15 mins of time to yourself to do something, anything, without the concern about what someone else is doing, needs, wants etc.  Between work and family life I find few moments to myself.  Most of my alone time is spent Mon- Fri in my car for 20 mins driving down I-94...which for anyone who does that you know I-94 is no picnic and in no way should be counted as peaceful and relaxing.  Even with good tunes and the stereo cranked it is never fun at 3:00 in the afternoon.  Instead my ideal me time is relaxing in front of the tv with a good book/gossip magazine and something good to drink!

8 comments:

  1. I love your decay photo! Makes the old house look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome - I especially love the first shot. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful photos, I love your kitchen, storage vs. space? I vote storage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crumbs, can I come live at your house? There has to be a story in each and every corner of that place!!

    Love the milk house and the walker (geez, does the house have stairs? Scary!). What fantastic pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots...love your take on hmmm - very cool wheel shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the baby walker!! That is so cool!! You are lucky to have it!

    t@emmons-blessings

    http://emmons-blessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shots this week are all great! The decay and the hmmm.. shots are my favorites. Just beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow - that walker does look a little scary :D Funny how things have changed!!

    ReplyDelete

show some love?