We are still having problems with Addison waking up less than an hour after we put her down to sleep. Some nights I can let her cry and she will fall back to sleep in 15 minutes or so. Other nights, oh those glorious nights, the child wants NOTHING to do with sleep. Not so much an issue on the weekend but momma needs her precious sleep to get up at 4:00 during the week. So we are still working on it, still trying to figure out what it is that keeps her from staying asleep or thinking that she needs to not go back to sleep at all after that first 45 minute spell.
Other than that it really has been going well. She generally sleeps from whenever we get her to to fall back asleep, usually around 10:30-11 sometimes way, way later... until sometime around 5-6 am and then she wakes up to take a bottle and goes back down until we wake her or she usually is up by 8:45-9 on her own.
I think some of our issues with getting her to sleep at night is her lack of a day time nap schedule, as much as I tried when I was on maternity leave to get her on a schedule that all went to crap the minute my feet left the house to go to work. I can complain about it until I am blue in the face but its hard to have her on a schedule when Tony's work doesn't have him on a set schedule so we never know when she will be at the sitter, when she will be at home, makes timing naps hard when the sitter can't get her to take one most days at her house...So for now we deal I guess with what we can, I try not to let her take her last nap to late in the evening but some days there is no preventing a nap after 5.
I dream of the day I can say my child goes to sleep at X o'clock...right now its a crap shoot. Seeing how she's currently bouncing on the couch next to me yelling & screeching like a little banshee, anytime she wants to be tired is good for me! She's a silly little goof.
We are visiting Tony's family for the holiday, if this child sleeps this weekend it will be a miracle! I don't even want to think about the reprocussions of what a spoiled weekend away is going to do to any progress we have made! :) I'm hoping it wears her out.
| Addison, blogging. |
In other news I just ordered http://www.twokissesformaddy.com/ I'm hoping its here Monday like its supposed to be, I have read his blog for a while now, I am interested in reading the book!!!

0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?