I didn't think I was a fan of the whole CIO (Cry It Out) method, I actually thought it was cruel. But I was at a loss for what else to do to get her to sleep on her own and after the 2nd night of this sleep training, OMG amazing! I would never have done it when she was younger but I can see now that she is working the system with her cries. Crying louder when she can hear us, and then listening for a response to come save her, she has us figured out for sure.
So as I said last night, she was asleep before 10pm, she remained asleep until 10:45 when she started fussing. I (in the same room as her, in my bed) stayed quiet and didn't respond to her whimpers, I could see her sit up and paw at the sides of the pack and play looking for someone to come pick her up. I refrained, she got louder for a couple of minutes then she sat back and kind of whimpered quietly for five or so minutes before she eventually laid back down and went to sleep! The whole little awake time last from 10:45 to 11:05 and she was back to being OUT like a light.
I woke up to my alarm clock, not a baby this morning, she was still sleeping feet tucked under her, butt up in the air, when I left the house at 5! I texted Tony and he reports that she slept solid until 6:30 when she cried for two minutes and went back to sleep until 8:45! That is some kind of Addison sleeping record! The girl never sleeps that long! I am absolutely amazed with how quickly she is responding to this! Not to mention the overwhelming happiness that by body is feeling after 5 hours of restful sleep! Hoping that the 3rd time is a charm and we continue to have success with the new sleep schedule. This just reinforces that it was high time for her to start sleeping on her own!
One happy momma.

Congratulations on getting Miss A to sleep - way to go, Addison!
ReplyDeleteWe have, knock-on-wood, had a rather easy time with M and her sleeping from about 8 weeks...until 3 days ago. We put her in her toddler bed and all hell has broken loose :( CIO has been torturous for this momma, but we are slowly getting better. Today, she didn't stand at the gate and scream...just screamed and fell asleep on the rug. Oy.
she's got new found freedom to get up when she wants, you better believe Miss M is going to take advantage of that! :) Hope she gets it figured out soon that nap time still is for napping!
ReplyDelete