Monday, April 18, 2011

A Weekend of Sleep Training

So nights three (Friday), four (Saturday) and five (Sunday) were not nearly as wonderful as night two. Friday after we did our grocery shopping & spent some time cleaning the house, I put her to bed at 9:10 she was asleep by 9:23. 13 minutes, not bad at all... Then she woke up at 9:58. She was wide awake, absolute refusal to sleep! I allowed her to have an all out fit for about 35 mins before I gave up. The kid was just not sleepy. I don't know if it was due to a sloppy nap schedule Friday night or what. But she was full on ready to play. I allowed her to play until 11 when I myself was exhausted tried to lie her back down and all kind of hysterical tantrums happened again for 30 mins.  When my husband came home and I asked him to take her so that I could at least get some sleep since he had no plans of going to bed right away anyhow. He says that she was up until almost 1:30 when he finally got her to sleep! GEES! I don't know what her deal was. This kid doesn't believe that she needs to sleep I guess. He brought her into the bed room and put her in the pack and play and she slept until 4:30 when she was hungry, I fed her and put her back in the pack and play.

She slept until 8:45 Saturday morning when I had to wake her so that we could meet up with my best friend and her kids to go see the Easter Bunny. I was quite impressed with her, she had no fear of that bunny in fact she kept trying to go back to the bunny after I had taken her picture and gotten her back! Too funny! 




After the visit with the bunny Nikki and I decided to go to a mom to mom sale that they were having in town so I dropped Addison back off at home with Daddy. I found way to many cute outfits, pj's (with zippers cause this kid kicks her legs out of the button up ones. every.single.time.) and of course shoes (Baby Nike's for a buck? What?!?!) After the sale we went and got lunch at Finley's for her birthday. I was in love because not only do they have bread there but they have Michigan Cherry Walnut Salad. My favorite, and I devoured ALL of it! 

We went back to my house to hang out for the rest of the night and watch movies since the weather was crap and we had nothing better planned. (I did paint the frame for Addison's hair bow holder, more to come on that when its completed) About the time that we wanted to watch the movie (How Do You Know? was the movie of choice, and cute if you haven't seen it yet) Addison was acting incredibly tired and having been fussy all night from teething I decided to put her down early after a fresh dose of pain medicine.  In to bed she went at 8:10, she slept her normal 40 ish minutes and woke up at 8:50. I said the kid has to sleep! She was so incredibly tired when I put her down, so I let her fuss, and fuss, tried to let her have a bottle which she had no interest in. And fuss some more finally exactly an hour later she passed back out, head on her seahorse. She made a little cry at 10:02 but remained asleep. The movie lasted until close to 11 then Nikki left and I hit the sheets myself, she slept from her little bit of fussing at 10:02 until 5:30 am when she woke up crying, I fed her and put her back in the crib and she slept until almost 9:00am on Sunday. 

using her seahorse as a pillow.
Sunday was Easter Egg decorating day at my house. For the past 6 or so years my family has decorated Easter Eggs together at my house, I took over from my mom who used to have it at our house when we were kids every year. A few of my cousins came over, my aunt Sandy, my mom, my brother, his girlfriend Joey & Joey's little sister. While we have a large house but the arrangement makes the living areas rather small and there for a crowded house. But we decorated eggs and had a good time, Addison mostly wanted to gnaw on her eggs and make loud noises to get attention from everyone.




 After everyone left Addison and Daddy took a nap together and I spend some Sunday lazy time on the couch. The nap was late and there for bed time got pushed back, the first signs she showed of being tired I made sure to get her right into bed and this was at 9:55pm, she was asleep by 10:13. This is where it got interesting, for the first time she didn't wake up at the 45 minute mark! Instead she woke up at 12:50 ish, and preceded to cry and whimper and wail for around an hour, I kept falling asleep and waking up so it wasn't consistent at all but she really wasn't sleeping at all for that hour. I finally got her up, let her nurse, fixed her pj's, which of course had buttons so her legs were out through the holes, and put her back down, she was back asleep in less than 15 minutes and still sleeping this morning when I left for work at 5:00. Tony says she slept till 6:30.  I feel like little progress is being made at night but am thrilled with how well she is sleeping after the second time she gives in to sleep.  I don't understand what is up with the constant waking after less than an hour of sleep, I sure hope she gives it up!
napping with Daddy


0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?