Monday, August 15, 2011

I've Finally Got the Hang of This Having a Child Gig...

It sounds kind of dumb to say it that way I guess, what I mean is after all the planning and preparing you still never realize how much a baby completely turns your life upside down until one day you realize that you haven't had 60 minutes to yourself to relax in almost a year!  Let alone that you haven't read anything but baby magazines in the past year.

Needless to say I was having book withdrawals, I almost had forgotten how relaxing it is to me to sit down and read a good book! So I have dove back into reading, and its been amazing, seriously if your not a book reading nerd you probably don't get it.  It's so nice to sit quietly with a book.  I finally can do that again now that Addison is sleeping in her own room and out of our bedroom!

So since I have been reading and dog earring up so many pages I was in need of a good book mark (where do these things travel off to?)  So one day while watching Addison terriorize the living room & lazily looking through Pinterest I came across this handy little guy (or should I say girl?)

From this blog.

But like she says the ribbon should be on the other end...

Anyway last night before I was about to sink into bed I thought about the book mark and quickly grabbed my stash of paperclips & scrap ribbon.  I didn't make mine quite as long as I was working with the first scrap of ribbon I found that I liked, and mines a little thicker, but I love it.  So Ta-Da...Pinterest inspired bookmark!









1 comment:

  1. What a cute and Genius Idea! LOVE IT! I am so making one tonight! I am a new follower! I would love it if you would stop by and follow me back if you like what you see!

    Thanks!
    Kirsten
    www.mushkiloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

show some love?