Monday, August 8, 2011

Northern Michigan Vaca Day 1

I just love going "Up North", it's no big secret that I love this state.  Aside from the crap economy it has so much to offer.  Up North is like a whole different state, even if you don't go across the bridge just heading 3 hours up is enough for an entire change of pace about life!  I mean where else is it legal to ride snowmobiles on the road?!?!


Our Trip this time included the Upper Peninsula as Tony has never been to the bridge and never across it.  The last time I was there was when I was around 9 or so, all I know is my parents were still married and they have been divorced since I was 14!

Our first stop was in Baldwin, MI where we spent the night in a friends cabin before we woke up and headed more north for the bridge.  (yay for free overnight stays!)  We had lunch in Mackinaw City & got some fudge for my brother for watching our house/pets while we were out of town.  Then we spent about an hour at the  Michilimackinac State Park, we checked out the Mackinac Point Lighthouse and took a bunch of pictures of the bridge.  























Then came the treck over the bridge, for which Tony actually drove though he was the one who all along had been scared of driving over it.  I offered but he bucked up and did it! 



After crossing the bridge we stopped in St. Ignace at the Bridge View Park and took a few more pictures of the bridge from the other side as the rain was coming across the lake.   Then we headed off for Paradise, MI to set up camp for the night at Tahquamenon Falls State Park.  






We set up the tent as soon as we arrived around 3pm then we ventured off to see the lower Falls which were with in close walking distance from our campsite.  (I wanted to walk to the Upper Falls but Tony wasn't down with the 5 mile both directions walk!)  


















0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?