Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankful Day Seven

Today I am thankful for the kindness of strangers.  My car key I mentioned losing yesterday was found here at work.  A sign was posted on the door saying to call xxx-xxxx if you lost a key. I called and was told by who ever answered the phone the first time that they had no idea what I was talking about and I must have had the wrong number as it was the chemisty departments number.  A few seconds later another man called my phone back, English was not his first language and it was hard to talk to him on the phone.   I couldn't help but laugh to myself when he asked me "You lost key, let me ask you, what make, what kind of car you drive?"  and when I said it was a Pontiac key he replied "I think, I believe this may be your key I have"  I told him I would walk right over to the building to get the key from him.  When I met with him he asked to see my University ID which I'm not sure what that proved other than I do work here with the millions of other people who are employed by the University.  But none the less my key is back all because a random stranger cared enough to pick it up and post a sign.  Yay for nice people. 

0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?