Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful Day 18

Today I am thankful for Memories.  I noticed people posting this :

Many people have passed away early - When we look at the sky, we LOVE the idea that they look back at us. We remember them often, at night, when we look at the stars ... a DATE ... a SONG ... a PLACE ... a SMELL ... A MEMORY of those who left us ... ALWAYS LOVED, DEEPLY MISSED ... Post this as your status, if you have someone keeping an eye on you from above.--"




On Facebook today, how fitting, today has been two months since my dad passed away suddenly. :(  I don't really do the whole religion thing and there for have no real stance on heaven and angels and all of that business.  But, I relate to the message, I think of Dad every single day, be it someone mentioning his name, a song that comes on, driving by a truck that looks like his, drinking coffee, walking by his picture in a frame.  It all triggers a memory and makes me stop and think about him for a minute.  It's still hard, I'm sure it always will be to think about all that he and we are missing out on by losing him when we did.  Not that losing him at 80 would have been easier but gees.  (We were just talking at work about being able to retire at 55 and I said if I'm still working here at 55 I am so out, early retirement yes please.  Then I though, Dad was only fricken 55!  He never got to enjoy retirement age.)



 Regardless, I am thankful for the memories.  I am thankful for the memories of not only my dad but all the other loved ones and friends that I have had pass.  Some of the memories make you smile and sometimes they trigger tears, and sometimes you laugh while you're crying, but I am so happy to have them all.  It also touches a special place when I see or hear my husband stop when holding our daughter in front of the framed picture of dad and teaching her that it's grandpa in the picture, someday's she'll say papa other days its all about the baby that he's holding (her).  She's only ever going to know him through our memories and it get's me a little choked up every time.

0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?