Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Baby Girl




Addison,

I can’t believe we have a three year old on our hands.  I know they say time flies but really it does.  I feel like we just celebrated two, one, your birth, finding out we were having a baby!  You have done so much growing and changing yet I still see my little baby.  You’ve mastered the potty, dressing yourself, and helping yourself to whatever it is you want from the kitchen. 


You’ve always been an outgoing child, you were never afraid of anyone as a baby and you continue that trend as a toddler.  Occasionally you will see a “scary” biker looking man and announce it loudly enough for him to hear as if to get them to pay attention to you and as quickly as you thought you were going to be afraid of him you are giggling and laughing.  You are the child that people worry about being too friendly!  You love everyone and there is no one that you wouldn’t happily go spend the day with.  I love that you are easy going and quick to make new friends.  (I just wish you'd have a tiny little fear of strangers!) 


You love to sing.  You love when people sing to you.  When we go see animals at the fair or wherever you are sure to stop and find a few that need you to sing to them.  We went to the Ingham Co. Fair for your birthday and you stopped to sing twinkle, twinkle to a few sleeping pigs!  You wanted to sing Happy Birthday to everyone at your birthday party after they sang to you.  You make sure that mommy sings you as many songs as you can con her into at bed time.  I frequently have the radio on in the car and you ask me to turn it off, you like to sing to yourself.  Recently though you have picked up on a few songs and I’ll catch you singing a line or two.  Your favorite and most requested is “Rock Me, Momma”  Darius Ruckers version.  I had to buy it on iTunes because you so frequently want to hear it.



You are without a doubt a tomboy.  You love to get dirty, you hate to wear shoes (see above photos, you started your party out with shoes on!)  and you would never wear pants if you didn't have to.  Actually one of your favorite things to do when getting ready for or out of a bath is run into the room and stick your butt out and ask “did you see my butt?”.  Where do you learn these things?  You are gross and obsessed with farts which you call “tarts”.  Obsessed, you don’t just go pee and poop in the potty you HAVE to tell us that you tarted two times in the potty too.  You live for your new sand box and pirate things right now.  You have a girly side that loves to play with dolls but it’s always short lived and your back to being rough and tough. 




Even though you are a tough kid, tomboy, you are the sweetest kid in the world.  Quick to apologize when you are naughty, always ready to give a hug or a kiss.  You are in a stage right now where your feelings are easily hurt.  You are always concerned about other people if they are hurt, and you are a sympathy crier.  And you are pretty good at remembering to say please and “tank you!” 


Your pronunciation has improved so much, I secretly hate it.  I loved your little mispronunciations of things like “papples” and can’t stand it when your daddy tries to make you say “farm’ rather than “Tarm”  it will come with time for now I’d like to enjoy the little bit of baby that you still have.  Go ahead a mispronounce those F's, V's, & G's When you say your alphabet you always leave out “E” and and an incredible amount of extra “MNO’s”  before you move on to P. 

You had so much fun at your birthday party this year, you said it was your “best day eber! “   You loved every second of it.  Last year you were into it, but this year you ‘Got it’ it is so neat to see you get things and really enjoying yourself.  I love watching you grow, even though I don’t want you to. 


I can’t wait to see how you take on the role of big sister.  Half of me is terrified that you will be too rough and too crazy with a newborn, cause let's be honest you are anything but a calm quiet child, but then I see the side of you with other babies where all you want to do is help.  I am sure that you will be such a good helper.  You already say you want to teach a baby how to play with toys and use the potty.  (all the sooner on that second part the better!)  You want mommy to have a baby brother and you want to have a baby sister.  But it changes every day and I don’t quite think you grasp the whole thing yet.


 Happy Birthday my sweet girl.   We love you more than anything, and are so thankful to have you in our lives.  


0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?