Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11: Photo Challenge

Day 11 - A picture of something you hate




People taking advantage/abusing federal/state aid programs.  If you don't need it- don't take it, don't lie about your living situation so that you do qualify.  Don't have 8 children if you can't afford to take care of 1.  I fully support assistance for people who need it (need being "oh shit I lost my job, house, spouse, or other horrible reason for being at a loss of income").  I want to smack some of the people who I know that get it and shouldn't, that know how to bend the rules so that they can get it anyway.  People constantly ask me if I applied for WIC to which I reply "no, we don't qualify/need it"  to which I am normally greeted with an "everyone qualifies" or "you should get it anyway so you don't have to buy stuff".  UGH...is that what this world thinks?  if its out there we are just entitled to it?!?!?  It's there to help people who NEED it. As in can't afford to put food on the table, need it.  Not can't afford to buy the newest gaming counsel for the kids, new brand name clothes for myself, pay my new car payment, go out with friends and put food on the table need it. 

From the website:


Michigan WIC Program Guidelines
Effective June 1, 2009 (Replaces previous guidelines effective March 15, 2008)  Gross income* (before taxes) cannot exceed the following amounts:

Size of Economic Unit     Hourly   Weekly  Monthly  Annually
1
$9.63
$386
$1,670 
$20,036
2
12.95
519
2,247
26,955
3
16.28
652
2,823
33,874
4
19.61
785
3,400
40,793
5
22.93
918
3,976
47,712
6
26.26
1,051
4,553
54,631
7
29.59
1,184
5,130
61,550
8
32.91
1,317
5,706
68,469
Additional Economic Unit
Members Add
+3.33
+133
+577
+6,919


I alone (not counting Tony as part of the family or the family income) according to these guidelines could have more than 1 kid and not qualify. Even before the 'good' job that I have now, I wouldn't have qualified with a child..add the hubby's income and we far surpass what would qualify...We are not struggling to buy food and Addison has been exclusively breastfed so far so where do I need government assistance?  Please, if you know me do not ask me, I get fired up about the subject and can go on about it for days.  If you are not married, live with your significant other and lie about it to the state in order to make household income lower to qualify for assistance...I think you are worthless.  That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow. I think we would get along good. I just went on a WIC rant Friday night, which caused me to do some googling into the subject... makes me sick!

    ReplyDelete

show some love?