Saturday, January 29, 2011

Random Thoughts of Sadness

As I prepare to leave for a memorial service this morning the random thoughts in my head right now are as follows:


This past week has brought about the news of the loss of two people, the first being my grandmothers brother, my great uncle Jim.  Jim was obviously an older man, a dad, brother, grandfather, who at an older age was having some health issues which ultimately took his life.  The loss is still sad but easy to accept, he lived his life and he left behind great things and great people he raised a family.


The other was Kaleb Schwade the first born son of a high school classmate of mine, he was only 4 and has suffered from SBS (shaken baby syndrome) since he was just 5 months old.  


 The Story. a little more from Kristy Josh posted news of his passing on facebook this past Monday.  How horrifying, its the kind of thing that makes you cry for people you barely know or don't know at all.  You take a step back and be thankful for every single moment you have with your children.  Babies are frustrating at times but the fact that someone could ever do something like that to a child blows my mind.  And while the video's the hospital show you about shaken baby syndrome feel annoying at the time, its no joke.   


 I never met Josh's son, and though they came to our high school reunion this past summer I didn't get a chance to talk with them or meet his wife that night.  But what a strong woman she must be, and I am so happy for them that they have each other and this tragedy hasn't pushed them apart.  I have followed Kristy's story of Kaleb on myspace since the day it happened. I feel so horrible for these two, what they have gone through, what they are going through right now as they prepare to say a final goodbye to their child tomorrow, and what they will carry with them for the rest of their lives.  Its just not the way things are supposed to happen!  I don't know what it is like to lose a child but now that I have a child I can actually begin to imagine how heartbreaking, tragic, angry one would have to feel.  My heart goes out to Josh, Kristy, their family & friends.

0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?