Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 28: Photo Challenge


Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of

Mr.Bat
 They give me the fricken' he-be-je-be's and I live in terror of my attic because I'm afraid if I poke my head up there it will look something like this:


I know we have a bat colony that lives up there, there have been 2 bats that have gotten into the house in the 4 years that we have lived here....WHOLLY SHIT not cool at all.  First time I was alone in the house and the cats must have seen it creep down from upstairs somewhere cause I just heard its screeching when the cats were trying to play with it and instantly knew what it was.  I panicked and ran and shut myself in the bedroom before realizing that it wasn't going to leave on it's own.  I ended up running across the road (with a blanket over my head) to my brothers house to get him to come help me.  Meanwhile my husband came back home and whacked the damn thing with a metal spatula like it was no big deal.  My skin still crawls thinking about that night.  

The second time was shortly after we brought Miss Addison home (I really think it was literally like a week after she came home)  I was sitting at the computer, she was luckily asleep in the bedroom, all the sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw wings flapping, I never got up and ran so fast in my life, I think I shut my husband out in the living room with it!  YUCK!  That one I had to be brave and come back out of the bedroom to help my husband find the damn thing so he could get rid of it...lucky for me I have bat radar I guess and found it clinging to some of my nick-naks up on a high shelf within seconds and he took care of the little bastard.  

I really would like to call someone who will come take care of the problem for us, cause they really make my heart almost stop when I catch one flying through the house.  ugh.  I can handle all the spiders and snakes in the world but put me in the house with a bat and its over.


3 comments:

  1. Oh I agree! 110% They are the nastiest little fuckers around! I will take snakes, spiders, other nasty creepy crawler bugs....You name it! Thanks heavens I have never had issues at my house, I would spend thousands for getting rid of them! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me think of this (sorry for the bad quality, it's the best I could find)...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exaY3IDvt4Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahaha, I though you were linking me to some awful video of bats flying everywhere or something! They caught one in MSRB when I was still in training, left it sitting in a mouse cage on Pat's desk for hours...ick.

    ReplyDelete

show some love?