Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby, Baby, Baby, everyone's having Babies!

My past two weekends have been filled with baby showers.  Everyone is having babies!  At least thats how it has seemed for the past year or so, someone is always sharing the newly found news of their pregnancy or we are buying gifts for another baby shower.  For some reason an over abundance of babies and baby showers is far less annoying to me than the overload of weddings you get some years.  I swear I went to a wedding every weekend last fall.  (I don't love you people who got married last fall any less for it but gees did you all have to pick the same year and the same fall? Some of you the same damn day?!? :)  )  

Back to the baby showers, Addison went with me to both parties, where she recieved many compliments on how she was such a good baby.  Don't we know it!  She did great at both no crying fits and was happy for the whole thing both times.  I think shes going to be a show off attention hog anyway, she just eats up attention from anyone all the time!

all dressed up and ready to party.
Last weekends shower was for a friend of mine from high school, her and her husband got married in July of 2006 (same year as us).  This is going to be their first baby and baby 'G Unit' (as they are referring to her as their last name starts with a G) is due at the end of March.  
I couldn't decide what to buy her as I feel like now that I am a mom I should have some wonderful idea of what people really need at these things instead of buying clothes which are so cute and hard to pass up!  But I don't all you really need is a box of diapers, wipes and some boobs in the beginning anyway.  So instead I went the route of a personal gift and decided to make a no-sew baby blanket.  I love the one that I got at my shower from one of my friends and you can never have too many blankets!  Addison's hand made blankets are my favorites.

I went to Jo-Ann's and found some adorable, girly, 'I love mommy, I love daddy' fleece:


And a coordinating purple color to go with it for the backing.  From looking at her registry's I assumed that she was a purple kind of girl momma rather than a pink one.


After I got it all cut and tied i placed it in a cute basket that I found at Michael's.  The liner say's Baby all over it in different colors, who can't use an extra basket with a baby around?  I also made her a headband with an obnoxiously large flower (see leftovers flowers from Addison's 6 month photos which I bought a small bouquet for)  


And because all babies need to be read to I threw in a good book:


Addison says enough with the pictures what is this THING on my head?!  I can't help but giggle when I see this picture




2 comments:

  1. Everybody is pregnant! It's crazy, but awesome. lol Addison is beautiful. I love the picture of her looking up. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addison is just the cutest baby I've ever seen - such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

show some love?