Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Death Storm 2011



ahhh...that dark purple 12+ inch snow forecast looming over Michigan right now, I live there!  There is a blizzard warning out there right now.  Its begun, the wind is a blowin' and the snow is a fallin'!


Lucky for me I heard rumor of the huge storm Sunday evening and my brain was working for once and I logged onto my work calendar saw no body had taken the day off yet (we are only allowed to have 5 people off a day) and I immediately sent in my request for Wednesday and Thursday off.  Not so lucky for the 20 or so other people who had the same idea Monday morning!  We are essential staff so even if the University is closed  tomorrow for students (MSU already is closed, UofM will probably wait and see but its coming!) we are still required to be there.  We do not get personal days, and if you call in tomorrow you get an unexcused absence.  Or you can try and call in sick, but you better believe that if you do you will need a doctors note.  I have an hour drive to work on a perfect, sunny, good traffic day I can make it in about 50 mins....Tomorrow will be a nightmare.  Thankfully I was approved and will enjoy the snow from my living room, tomorrow and Thursday!  YAY!  Sorry co-workers... or not.


So far its Death Storm, Snowmageddon, snOMG, Snowpocalypse, A Snowtastrophy, & Snow Big Deal.

0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?