1.Camera Phone
Taken yesterday at our family BBQ get together, Addison already trying to steal cigarettes from Grandpa when he's not looking. We had the first BBQ of 2011 yesterday at my Uncle Jimmy & his Fiancée Dawn's house. Jimmy was diagnosed with cancer about 18 months ago and at this point he is terminal, he is receiving hospice care in his home, they estimate him to have less than week's left. It is incredibly hard to watch someone you love waste away and sad to think that yesterday was probably the last time I will see him.
2. Camera
I like to call this "Let Me Help You Momma".
3. Shoes
These would be my favorite pair of black pumps, I never wear them, I rarely wear anything but tennis shoes these days. You're going to catch me vacuuming in them.
4. Chair
I found this old children's wooden rocking chair when cleaning out the upstairs storage room in the house, it's a little wobbly with its loose nails and needs a bit of cleaning up possibly a coat of paint and it will be the perfect chair for Little Miss Thang. Her Great Grandpa probably used it as a child!
5. Imperfection
This is Addison's work in progress of a bedroom, its not perfect by any means. For a couple of first time demo/remodeling Do-It-Yourselfers it is so much better, so far, than we had thought it was going to turn out. Sure the drywall isn't perfect, the door will never be straight, and the floors will not be perfect but its perfect for us and we are beyond proud of what we have done!



These are great - love your chair shot and camera shot.
ReplyDeleteLove your shoes photo.
ReplyDeleteThe chair shot is amazing, from the contrast between the chair and the wall to the unfinished painting- love it!
ReplyDeleteAdorable shoes!!!!!!! I would have those in every color
ReplyDeleteThese are all great. I am loving the simplicity and vintage feeling of the chair!
ReplyDeleteLove your chair shot and the color! Beautiful shade of green!
ReplyDeleteI love those shoes! I'm going to guess that I wouldn't be able to get them anywhere... what brand are they?
ReplyDeleteApril, I actually ordered them off e-bay a few years ago for a wedding I was in but its worth a try. They are Wild Diva brand, they come in LOTS of colors. I checked they still sell them.
ReplyDeleteAll great shots! I really love those shoes! And great take on chair! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots! I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. :(
ReplyDeleteI'm hosting a new linkie over at my blog called Fabulous Friday. I'd love it if you could participate! The link is:
http://mcdougallphotography.blogspot.com/2011/03/fabulous-friday-linkie-party.html
Thanks!