One of the bazillion projects I needed wanted to accomplish was this hair bow holder that I wanted to make for Addison since seeing it online months ago. Do you remember back at the beginning of April when I bought this gem for $7 at the Catholic School rummage sale?
Thathideous gold quickly became a girly Berry Pink by RustOleum.


That
My original plan was to just run ribbon across the frame vertically with a fabric backing to clip her bows to like this one:
| http://ourdailychocolate.blogspot.com |
But then I started thinking that I should make it like one of those French memory boards in order for her to be able to still use it once she no longer allows me to put ridiculous bows on her head.
So I had Tony cut a board that would fit within the frame and draw out some lines across the back in a diamond pattern.
The lines that crossed within the middle area of the frame we drilled a hole in so that I could sew a button through the cross section.
I then sprayed the board with some spray adhesive and covered it with 2 layers of batting. I used the hot glue gun to wrap it around on the back side of the board. After that step I covered the board with the fabric that I had chosen, This was also simply hot glued to the board.
Next came the ribbon, I was going to just use some pink ribbon that I already had at home from another project but I was wasting time in Target last weekend at the dollar spot and found theses pretty cool spools of coordinating ribbon...a buck sounded right up my alley, and beat just plain pink ribbon. So I bought two. (Thankfully cause I had to glue 2 together to make it stretch across the full length of the frame on some of the pieces! A dollar doesn't buy ribbon that is very long!)
I attached these with yet more glue (yay for glue guns!), using my lines on the back as a guide as to where to run them.
| the arrows are just there to remind me thats the top (so the butterfly ribbon wasn't hung upside down.) |
Next I sewed a button on at all the points where I had a hole drilled in the back board I used a smaller button on the back side of the frame to hold the larger one on the front in place. This made the board have a quilted look.
Now I took the whole board and hot glued it into the frame. Later, once I get a few small nails, I will use them to make sure that its tacked in there pretty good but for now it seems to be holding very well with just the glue.
Now we have a hair bow holder.
Or a photo collage frame:
Now I have a bit larger frame that I picked up for free at a garage sale that they had given up hope on. It is not quite as awesomely detailed as the one I found for Addison, but I may do the same thing with for my dining room wall, or something like this (I'm leaning toward this):

Does anyone have some clean unused chicken wire lying around!?



You have always been SOOOO crafty! Love it! I dont have the patience to craft something like this! LOL
ReplyDelete