Friday, May 27, 2011

While My Creative Juices Are Flowing.

I've been wanting to make a cover for my camera strap because 1. its ugly, sorry Cannon, it is.  2. I hate the rubbery non-slip backing that it has on my neck, feels so gross to me.  So knowing I would have some leftovers from the hair bow frame project I bought a pretty fuzzy fleece blue, that makes an amazing amount of lint when cut, to go with it so that I could finally make a cover for that ugly thing.

my two fabric choices

my bojank pattern I quickly made out of paper towel :)
And because I forget to take pictures while I am in the middle of sewing, heres the finished result.  I was going to put a ruffle of a different color fabric on it, but it took me forever to figure out how to make ruffled fabric with my sewing machine.  When I finally perfected it my fabric I had ruffled was too wide and I didn't feel like starting over!


theres that lint I was talking about!

The fuzzy blue is a lot more comfortable on the neck and much more fashionable.  And I won't lie I was not measuring or pinning rushing and its not perfect, that blue is some slippery stuff.  It still looks better than those big Cannon EOS letters, and if I didn't tell you you wouldn't know.  Someday when I don't have a screaming child, and I have a pair of scissors worth cutting fabric with I may try another one with some different fabric.

0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?