Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring Finally Sprung Right Into Summer

Spring took forever to get here, then it came and it did nothing but rain, rain, rain, and rain some more for days.  I was dying to get out of the house and play in the flower beds I could have done it in the not so nice weather on the days when it was 50 ish but with a wee one in toe it was harder to be done.  But I'm happy to say its here, and today it was muggy and damn near 80 degrees.  I'm not complaining though I love the heat, bring it mother nature, bring it!!!

My favorite thing about spring here, in this house, is the magnolia tree that my great grandmother planted in the side yard when she was living here.  It is huge now and blooms so beautifully, and its right outside out living room window so you cannot help but admire it. Today the petals are all starting to fall off the tree, its like a blanket of flowers in the yard, and if it weren't for the pink tinge at the ends of the petals it would look like it had snowed all the way around the tree.    I love that tree and when its in full bloom its a sure sign that spring has finally made its way to Michigan!



0 Reader Coments:

Post a Comment

show some love?