I have been down for the count the past 2 days and feeling like poo since Friday. Sore throat, drainage, plugged ears, coughing, coughing, coughing to the point of almost vomiting...not fun, not fun at all. I called into work sick today and Monday, I feel like I'm never going to get over this bug! I visited my doctors office yesterday they seem to think that it might be allergies cause I don't have a lot of other cold symptoms other than sinus drainage which is probably causing the coughing and sore throat/plugged ears feeling. They gave me a script for amoxicillin and some prescription allergy med's that she though my insurance would pick up but for 84 bucks a bottle (insurance says your crazy get the generic over the counter I guess) I left those at the pharmacy and will take some Zyrtec that I have to pay for myself!
So I've been at home hanging out with the clingy one. I love getting to spend extra time with her, I just wish that I was feeling good enough to enjoy it more. Its also nice that she loves her momma but the girl has been seriously Momma clingy since Friday. I can't leave the room! What is kind of cool is that instead of just being able to say Momma now she's fully got it down that I am Momma and she knows how to use it to her advantage. I walk away and its full Mom-ma, Mmmmama cries.
Being home the past few days I am amazed at how quickly she is starting to figure things out. She's a growin'! I can watch her playing and see her start to 'get' things, it's so neat really. She seems to get everything except for 'no!'. :) She's happiest right now when she can just get on the floor and explore the house. She crawls as fast at her little legs can move after the cats, she bangs on the cabinet doors (reminder: buy more baby locks!), shakes the door to the dogs kennel and loves when they lick at her little fingers clung to the bars. She's also gotten 50 times better at eating pieces of food in the past 2 days too, I actually had to take away some yogurt drops from her cause she was shoving too many in at once rather than just tossing them on the floor like normal. It's pretty amazing how quick she's changing.
Speaking of growing. We packed up the baby swing last weekend, the baby swing where she really spent a lot of her first 3 months of life. She was so happy to sleep in that swing. I had to accept reality that we have maybe used it 3 times in the past 3 months and we needed our space back, to of course fill with bigger better age appropriate Addison toy's. So upstairs it went into storage waiting for the next bambino to fill it I suppose. Tear.

So I've been at home hanging out with the clingy one. I love getting to spend extra time with her, I just wish that I was feeling good enough to enjoy it more. Its also nice that she loves her momma but the girl has been seriously Momma clingy since Friday. I can't leave the room! What is kind of cool is that instead of just being able to say Momma now she's fully got it down that I am Momma and she knows how to use it to her advantage. I walk away and its full Mom-ma, Mmmmama cries.
Being home the past few days I am amazed at how quickly she is starting to figure things out. She's a growin'! I can watch her playing and see her start to 'get' things, it's so neat really. She seems to get everything except for 'no!'. :) She's happiest right now when she can just get on the floor and explore the house. She crawls as fast at her little legs can move after the cats, she bangs on the cabinet doors (reminder: buy more baby locks!), shakes the door to the dogs kennel and loves when they lick at her little fingers clung to the bars. She's also gotten 50 times better at eating pieces of food in the past 2 days too, I actually had to take away some yogurt drops from her cause she was shoving too many in at once rather than just tossing them on the floor like normal. It's pretty amazing how quick she's changing.
Speaking of growing. We packed up the baby swing last weekend, the baby swing where she really spent a lot of her first 3 months of life. She was so happy to sleep in that swing. I had to accept reality that we have maybe used it 3 times in the past 3 months and we needed our space back, to of course fill with bigger better age appropriate Addison toy's. So upstairs it went into storage waiting for the next bambino to fill it I suppose. Tear.

0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?