I came across a recipe from Martha Stewart for these Peanut Butter and Jelly cookies, and they were fitting for the Valentine's holiday! This was the first time trying them and they turned out fabulous!
I made these on a whim one night and didn't have raspberry jam, so I used what I had which was a small remainder of Strawberry Jam, some Blueberry Jam and Peach Preserves. They tasted wonderful (all but the peach, they were a bit too sweet, I actually tossed the whole jar after I tasted these just too sweet!) So be creative if you try them, use whatever your favorite jam is!
Directions
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter, then egg. Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour mixture until dough forms. If dough is sticky, refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls (about 2 tablespoons each). Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart. Press into 1 3/4-inch rounds. Press hearts into centers using your fingertips. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and reshape hearts using your fingertips or the handle of a wooden spoon. Fill indentation of each with a generous 1/2 teaspoon jam to form a heart. Bake until cookies are firm, 6 to 7 minutes more. (warning: They won't look done, they are though!)
deliciousness.

OMG! I might have to make these. They sound SO GOOD!
ReplyDelete