Thursday, June 7, 2012

So Berry Sweet

I read online that the berries were ripe at a local berry farm and decided I wanted to take Addison to pick Strawberries at Sodt's Berry Farm so that we could make up some Strawberry Jam..YUM, my FAV!  I posted on Facebook about going and one of my friends from High School said she'd like to go along with her daughter who is close to the same age as Addison.  Just 3 months ish older.

The girls ate berries and ran up and down the rows of strawberries (ok mine ran in the rows of strawberries)  We saw a ton of people there that we knew.  It was a good day for strawberry picking I guess.







there were some strawberry messes, but nothing like I expected there to be.




After we got home Addison took a nice long nap and mommy started mashing/pureeing/mixing strawberries in the kitchen.  And I was reminded just how much my kitchen lacks counter space...OMG!  


As much as I hate my washer and dryer being in the kitchen thankfully it is cause I'm not sure where else I would be able to put half my crap if it wasn't!

Yes, my friends this is what I have to work with for counter space.



Lack of kitchen space be damned, I was still able to accomplish canning/freezing 10 lbs of berries on Saturday.  We have strawberry freezer jam, strawberry-grape freezer jam, the most amazing strawberry lemonade concentrate, strawberry chocolate sauce & strawberry butter.  I'd still like to get a bit more to make strawberry syrup if I could find the recipe I used last year...:(  I seem to have forgotten where I put it and where I found it to begin with!





1 comment:

show some love?