When I was growing up we spent a week, EVERY SINGLE summer, camping out at Swains Lake in Concord, MI. It was less than 15 miles from home but to us it was like a major vacation. We camped along side the same family/friends year after year. And even though I go now and see that it's really nothing special it will always be a special place to me that holds so many memories. So of course when its hot out and you want to go cool off where you don't have to watch your child like a hawk for fear of her jumping immediately into a pool thats always too deep for her, we go to Swains Lake. I still have to watch her like a hawk but at least if she goes down she has the ability to get herself back up so her face is out of the water! This was our first trip of the year this past Saturday after being at the Zoo all day. She liked being able to go into the water by herself and of course loved that someone abandoned their sand toys.




















0 Reader Coments:
Post a Comment
show some love?