Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Workin' Momma

Take a minute to go and read this: I'll wait.

http://anderson-va.blogspot.com/2011/02/this-too-shall-pass.html

That was written by one of the Mommies from the July 2010 birth board on Babycenter.  Its like she took my thoughts and feelings and put them into describable words.  This is exactly how it feels to be a working mom.  Its hard, its exhausting and all I want at the end of the day is relax spend time with my husband & daughter and get a little free time to myself.  Time where I don't have to think about what needs done, what I can't get done, what I could be doing instead.  I know I create myself more stress by constantly feeling like I need to keep up on everything instead of saying screw it and taking time out for me.  Its hard to not want your dishes clean, your house tidied up, and all the other loose ends tied at the end of the day.

It sucks to leave her every morning, and it sucks knowing that when I come home I have a million other things I should, could do besides chilling out and spending time with Addison.  Today I am vegging out on the couch right now while Addison is content on the floor with a whole mountain of toys and Tony is passed out  on the other couch.  Its wonderful but all I keep thinking is that I really need to get off my butt and dye my hair tonight or its going to be put off for yet another week. Truthfully the skunk roots are just beyond out of control at this point.  Dinner won't cook itself, eventually, soon, I have to go do that. Addison will need  to nurse and gets her dinner puree, of course a bath afterwards.  At times it would just be easier for me to just give her a bottle that I already pumped, just so I don't have to stop what I am doing/cooking/eating/cleaning to sit down for the 10 mins it takes her to eat.  I should welcome the break and the bonding moment.  If I try to delegate things I'm nagging, or I end up annoyed that its not done right.  Its a never ending to do list and I end up rushing around to get as much of the things I need to do done, so that I can rush to get ready for bed and get my clothes around for in the morning.  I feel like I am always going 100 miles an hour, perhaps I have forgotten how to just chill out.  That my friends is why I feel so hermit-like on the weekends, its my only time to lie around in my PJ's and not have to get anything done that I don't want to do and I LOVE IT!

But This Laundry Helper:





....is totally worth it!

1 comment:

show some love?